The Centre of Excellence and the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (UNESCWA) Statistics, Information Society and Technology Cluster are seeking support from an expert consultant to develop a Strategy for the Improvement of Civil Registration and Vital Statistics Systems 2021-2026.
The aims of the strategy include:
- Improving and advancing CRVS systems in Arab countries, with special attention to fragile and conflict-affected states;
- Increasing the quality and completeness of civil registration to produce vital statistics;
- Assisting countries in the UNESCWA region with functional civil registration systems to produce statistics consistent with international standards;
- Enhancing registration of all population groups, including migrants and refugees in Arab countries; and
- Ensuring coordination of regional and country responses to address gaps in CRVS systems.
A strong candidate with 8-10 years experience with civil registration, vital statistics, demography or public administration is being sought. Experience working in the Middle East and with Arab States is an asset, and preference will be given to candidates with proficiency in both English and Arabic.
Terms of Reference
For a full description of the responsibilities and duration of work, including the profile of the candidate being sought, please read the Terms of Reference.
Are you interested in this consultancy? Do you meet the criteria spelled out in the Terms of Reference?
If yes, please send your CV and letter of motivation to CRVS@IDRC.ca
The deadline to submit an application is Friday, October 9, 2020 (11:59 EST).