Watch our free virtual training series on communication for development developed for practitioners and experts seeking to enhance public demand for civil registration services.
Social and Behaviour Change (SBC) communication has developed rapidly in the last decades, towards engaging and mobilizing communities and populations to find solutions to their problems and to become the promoters and owners of programmatic results. Promising results from areas such as health, reduction of harmful practices, local development, gender equity and others have proved that engaging communities and factoring in social norms, can help programs go way beyond what was possible with traditional communication programs, predominantly based on providing information.
This series of 3 training sessions is based on the newly developed handbook on “Civil Registration, Vital Statistics, Identity Management: Communication for Development targeting CRVS practitioners in LMICs” developed by the United Nations Statistical Division (UNSD) with technical and financial support from the Centre of Excellence for CRVS Systems. The handbook provides guidance on the use of different tools to research, design, implement strategies and measure Social and Behavior Change/ Communication for Development.
This training series introduces and prepares participants for the use of the Social and Behavioral Change tools, developing an understanding and awareness of the objectives and value of behavioral change tools, and also opens the discussion on opportunities and challenges, exploring the needs and interests for further training in the area.
TRAINING DATES & LINKS:
11th February 2021
- Recording: Social and behavior change for effective Civil Registration and Vital Statistics
- PowerPoint: Social and behavior change for effective Civil Registration and Vital Statistics
17th February 2021
- Recording: Factoring in social norms for results in Civil Registration and Vital Statistic programming
- PowerPoint: Factoring in social norms for results in Civil Registration and Vital Statistic programming
10th March 2021
- Recording: Communication for CRVS in conflict, emergencies, and fragile settings
- PowerPoint: Communication for CRVS in conflict, emergencies, and fragile settings
The training sessions are available in English and French. To benefit from the full training we encourage you to view all three sessions.