Directory of Experts
In order to facilitate access to technical expertise and assistance for strengthening CRVS systems, the Centre of Excellence for CRVS Systems, has established a Directory of Experts that includes over 100 experts readily available to support CRVS system strengthening activities at country, regional and global levels. The Centre of Excellence, CRVS stakeholders and other global partners may draw upon the experts in this directory to request specific technical expertise, or offer research, capacity building or consultancy opportunities.
Call for Expression of Interest
The Centre of Excellence for CRVS Systems has launched its second call for expression of interest to invite professionals who have extensive operational or policy making experience in one of the following specialized areas to apply for inclusion in the Directory of Experts:
- Communication, social mobilization and behavior change
- Civil registration (female applicants only)
- Statistics (female applicants only)
- Management of large operations (female applicants only)
To have a more gender-balanced directory, areas of expertise where women are currently underrepresented are only open to female candidates. Additionally, we encourage applicants from the following underrepresented regions to apply: Latin America, Asia, the Middle East, and Oceania. Professionals from these regions will be given priority in the selection process. More information on each desired area of expertise can be found here.
Qualification of Successful Candidate
- Education: Advanced university degree in the respective area(s) of expertise or other relevant area. Professional experience of 5 years may be substituted for an advanced degree.
- Work Experience: At least 7-10 years of professional work experience at national, regional and/or international levels in the respective area(s) of expertise. Experience in developing countries will constitute a substantial asset.
- Experience and/or familiarity with UN agencies, in particular: UNICEF, WHO, UNFPA, UNDP and the UN Economic and Social Council is desired and will constitute an asset.
- Language Proficiency: Fluency in English and/or French is required for any deployment/contract. Fluency in other languages, in particular UN languages, will constitute an asset.
Interested technical experts must apply online through https://crvsexpertsdirectory.fluidreview.com
Application Deadline: January 15 2019 at 11:59 EST