In recent years, countries across Africa have accelerated their CRVS programs and shown tremendous leadership towards providing civil registration services for all by strengthening their legal and governance structures. The Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA), the Centre of Excellence for CRVS Systems, and Vital Strategies are sharing stories from inspirational leaders in Civil Registration and vital statistics from across Africa who led transformations in CRVS, from a leadership perspective. What inspires CRVS leaders in Africa? What are their visions? What are the key determining factors for developing successful CRVS systems in their countries?
Discover their stories!
- Fátima Baronet, Acting Director (Mozambique) (Also available in Portuguese)
- Oliver Chinganya, Director Africa Centre for Statistics (UNECA)
- Emmy Hudson, Acting Administrator General (Tanzania)
- Noël Luenda, Director (Democratic Republic of the Congo)
- Belly Lunanga, Director and Civil Registration Focal Point (Democratic Republic of the Congo)
- Janet Mucheru, Registrar-general (Kenya)
- Josephine Mukesha, Director General (Rwanda)
- Tulimeke Munyika, Director (Namibia)
Interested in learning more about leadership? Watch the recording from a workshop on leadership with senior leaders in civil registration in Africa in April 2021.