How we work (https://crvssystems.ca/how-we-work)
We partner with expert groups to gather and share learning and relevant good practices for strengthening CRVS systems, including:
- Knowledge sharing – We curate tools and standards, document successful experiences strengthening CRVS systems, and look for ways to make these easily available through our Resource Library (https://crvssystems.ca/resource-library) and other channels.
- Engagement and exchange – We work with the CRVS community of practice at the global, regional, and country levels to support ongoing initiatives and to identify and communicate successful experiences for strengthening CRVS systems.
- eLearning (https://crvssystems.ca/crvs-elearning-course) – We offer access to the free 13-module course on civil registration and vital statistics systems, available on the World Bank’s Open Learning Campus.
- Investment case guidance – We help governments develop and implement CRVS priorities within the framework of their reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health investment cases. Our aim is to assist eligible countries leverage the Global Financing Facility to strengthen CRVS systems as a strategy to plan and monitor health improvements.
- CRVS systems research – We support research that identifies opportunities, lessons learned, and successful experiences in designing and strengthening CRVS systems. This means documenting promising experiences for effectively linking universal registration with the timely production of vital statistics, and generating evidence to address challenges.
Do you have expertise to share?
If you wish to be added to our Directory of Experts and support efforts to build strong CRVS systems, please complete our online form. We will contact you to let you know when the next application period opens for civil registration experts or professionals with skills in related areas.